Licensed Training Company:
Lodestone Safety International
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Beverly, MA 01215 - United States
Dates: 10/18/2020 - 10/23/2020
The Travel Medicine First Responder (TMFR) is a travel medicine course built over a Wilderness First Responder (WFR) chassis. This course will cover trauma and environmental exposures the same as in a WFR course. Additionally, this course will look at travel and tropical disease exposures with an emphasis on how to make decisions for prevention and response. We will also look at international medical resources and evacuation and treatment decision-making. This course is not about complex diagnoses and advanced treatment. All scenarios will be internationally based.
- General concepts: body systems, anatomy/physiology, PAS, BLS
- Trauma and environmental hazards
- Epidemiology and hazard assessment, particularly in low/middle income countries
- Pathways of disease and how to avoid them along with all the preventative strategies, i.e., vaccinations, chemoprophylaxis, maintaining a health immune system, etc.
- Medical facility assessment and many of the scenarios will present with choices as to where to evacuate.
- Internationally focused toxins, bites and stings
- Most of the scenarios, examples and drills will be internationally based.
for registration or