Licensed Training Company:
Wilderness Medicine Leadership
Sea Education Association
Location: Woods Hole, MA 02543 - United States
Dates: 4/14/2023 - 4/16/2023
The WFR Recertification course is designed to recertify and refresh current Wilderness First Responders. WMA International invites eligible WFR graduates from other wilderness medical schools to recertify with us. Students will review essential skills and wilderness protocols and will discuss relevant updates in wilderness medicine. The course focuses heavily on hands-on learning through patient assessment drills and guided discussion. To earn certification, students must meet the criteria set forth in our Functional Position Description as well as the minimum performance and testing standards by the last day of course. Upon successful completion, students will receive a Wilderness First Responder certification as well as a CPR certification equivalent to the American Heart Association's BLS CPR standard. These certifications remain valid for three years. Note: WMA WEMS graduates with a current EMS license may also recertify the wilderness portion of their WEMS certification with this course.
for registration or
Room and Board:
- Housing is available in dormitory style cottages on campus for a maintenance fee of $25 per course.
- Food provided: Lunch, a light breakfast, morning and afternoon snack are provided on days class is held on the SEA campus (firefighting excluded). Dinner is not provided.
- Proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 is required to attend these trainings.
SEA offers a 10% discount on course tuition to:
- Crewmembers of Tall Ships America member vessels
- Tall Ships America members
- U.S. Sailing Association members
- SEA Alumni
Please click here to be re-directed to the host's registration page.