Licensed Training Company:
Wilderness Medicine Leadership
Sea Education Association
Location: Woods Hole, MA 02543 - United States
Dates: 4/18/2023 - 4/24/2023
The Wilderness First Responder (WFR) course is the ideal medical training for outdoor educators, wilderness guides, members of the military, professional search and rescue teams, wildland firefighters, researchers, and those involved in disaster relief. The course provides essential training in wilderness medicine, leadership, and critical thinking for professionals and leaders working and traveling in outdoor, low-resource, and remote environments. The WFR curriculum is both comprehensive and practical and involves a minimum of 70 hours of instruction when taught in the United States (hours vary slightly in other countries). During the course, students learn the essential principles and skills required to assess and manage medical problems in isolated and extreme environments for days and weeks if necessary. To earn certification, students must meet the criteria set forth in our Functional Position Description as well as the minimum WFR performance and testing standards by the last day of course. Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a Wilderness First Responder certification and certification of CPR taught to an equivalent health care provider level.
for registration or
Room and Board:
- Housing is available in dormitory style cottages on campus for a maintenance fee of $25 per course.
- Food provided: Lunch, a light breakfast, morning and afternoon snack are provided on days class is held on the SEA campus (firefighting excluded). Dinner is not provided.
- Proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 is required to attend these trainings.
SEA offers a 10% discount on course tuition to:
- Crewmembers of Tall Ships America member vessels
- Tall Ships America members
- U.S. Sailing Association members
- SEA Alumni
Please click here to be re-directed to the host's registration page.
|Deborah Hayes||RI, United States||NREMT, WEMT, MPIC|