You’ve found the course you want to take – now what?
* Review the following forms:
- Student Handbook which outlines what you will need to bring and what you can expect from your course.
- Course Participation Standards
- Functional Position Description for Wilderness Medical Providers which outline the expectations for successfully completing a course and receiving certification.
- Sample Indemnity Agreement
* Call the course sponsor. You can find the sponsor’s contact information on the course schedule. Do this early because you may be expected to complete pre-course study assignments. The course sponsor will also register you for the course, arrange payment, give directions, and inform you of accommodations and meals if they are included.
The Wilderness Medical Associates International offices can answer questions concerning course content, physical or mental demands and intensity of the course, certification or recertification, reciprocity, or technical issues.