2/22/2019 - 2/26/2019
Scottsdale, AZ 85255 - United States
Click here to log-in and access course materials.
Wilderness First Responder (WFR) is the definitive course in medical training for outdoor educators, guides, SAR team members, and others who work or play in remote areas. The curriculum is comprehensive and practical, including all of the essential principles and skills required to assess and manage medical problems in isolated and extreme environments. The 5-day format is for individuals and sponsors with less time available for on-site training and requires 25 hours of pre-course preparation.
Students must register at least 2 weeks before the course date. All students must complete all pre-course work prior to arrival on course.
Room and Board:
Camping on site is available at a rate of $10/night. This only includes a place to camp, you must provide your own camping gear. You must call the course host in advance to reserve and pay for your spot.
Arizona Outback Adventures
480-945-2881 (extension 4)
Inclusions for the course:
- All Course materials
- Large basecamp style kitchen with propane stoves, food prep table, all necessary cooking utensils and equipment
- Coolers w/ice for food storage
- Coffee and the means to make and serve for every morning
- Large group tent with power and seating for classroom activities
- Drinking water
- Mcdowell Mountain Regional Park entry
- Firewood for nightly group fire
- Meals (closest food is 20 min away so students should come prepared to make and eat food on site)
- Personal camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad) If you are camping
- Dishes, eating utensils, cups/mugs
- Power for charging personal devices