Thank you for considering sponsoring a WMA International course. Together we will work with you to provide the highest quality wilderness medical training in the industry.
If you are a current sponsor please download and fill out THIS course booking form. When it is complete send it to
If you have never run a course with WMAI before:
- Please read our Sponsor Guide for more information on what it means to be a WMAI course sponsor.
- Review our course types here for more information about the courses we offer and what might fit your needs
- Fill out the form here, someone will be in touch to discuss the next steps!
- Read below for more information about hosting a course with WMA
Any organization can host a Wilderness Medical Associates International training. Course hosts range from local clubs, government non-profit agencies, and private companies. Hosting a course offers a valuable opportunity to provide high-level, specialized training to a group of staff or to known members of your professional or recreational community.
Wilderness Medical Associates International is responsible for providing instructors, course materials, and medical equipment. Sponsors are responsible for student registration, facilities, outdoor/industry-specific equipment, instructor meals and accommodation. WMA shares the responsibility with the sponsor of marketing the course.
The Wilderness Medical Associates model is to send an instructor to your location and at your convenience. To book your training please contact any of our offices with potential training dates. We will help you select the right course and confirm instructor availability during that time.
What WMA Will Do:
- Help you decide which course meets your training needs and whether it can be open to the public
- Provide top quality instructors and teaching materials, current and relevant curriculum, and responsive program support from office staff and our Medical Director.
- Give you access to our Sponsor Resource page, which is a wealth of information on hosting and marketing your course
- Arrange for inexpensive instructor travel and ship teaching materials to you.
- Provide certificate cards for all successful graduates of your course
What you as the Sponsor will be Responsible For:
- Developing a budget and pricing for the course (we can assist you)
- Arrange for classroom, (indoor classroom and outdoor practice space)
- Travel, meals and accommodations for instructors
- Registering learners & collecting tuition
- Communicate with learners about pre-course logistics
- Communicate with the WMA office about learner enrollment
- Marketing your course.
- Communicating with the WMA office when you have questions or need help.
- Obtaining certain equipment and gear (list provided upon course confirmation)
- For Open Enrollment Courses:
- Make sure that everyone who responds to student inquiries is knowledgeable about course logistics
- Develop and implement an marketing plan (we can assist you)